Jogjakarta, A place where you put your heart in and say 'I'll be back real soon' - Flashback story

Yes, indeed. Jogja is 'ngangenin' 
Actually this is may be too expired to post, but I believe that sharing the journey gonna be everlasting to remember to. Ngangenin, I choose this words because it is hard a bit to say in English, then I prefer to use Bahasa. But I can explain it. It means that you miss too much for something, someone, a place and others. In this case, I miss Jogja so much. I'm too curious to explore more about Jogjakarta. 

6 December 2013.
It was my first experience to travel by train. From Malang train station to Tugu Station, it was 8 hours. I was getting up very early in the morning then my friend of mine dropped me at Malang station. My Balinese friend and I departured from Malang at 8 am and we arrived at Jogja in the afternoon. Guess, what did we do at our fist time arrival? Yes, took some pictures. And here is.

My First Train Ticket

Welcome to Jogjakarta!

We spent our first night by visiting Kalimilk. This place is really nice and comfortable. Kalimilk is located in Jalan Kaliurang km 4, Jogjakarta. This is the place for milk lovers. I'm the one. So, for the newbie like us (my friend and I) it was so exiting to find a place like this. Kids, teenagers, adult, the eldest, can visit this place, I think, event mostly people who visit here are teenagers and adults. Without any compromise, we choose our favorite flavor in milk. They served not only milk in various flavors but also many kind of desserts such as pancake, klappertaart, ice cream, and so on. 
Courtesy: Eka Pertiwi's phone

Hello Neneners! (Neneners means everyone who loves to drink milk)

Banana split and Klappertaart (Courtesy: Eka Pertiwi's phone)

Pancake (courtesy: Eka Pertiwi's phone)

After we struggled to finish this desserts (in fact we were not dine yet), for next destination we visited Pasar Perayaan Sekaten. A night market, located in Alun Alun Utara Jogjakarta. This event held every year and it is a commemoration for Muhammad prophet. It was so crowded there. Lucky us can see this event.

Situation at Pasar Perayaan Sekaten

We continued to spend that night by just walked arround in Zero Kilometer of Jogjakarta. Street singers, painters, and all artist were trying to entertain every people who walking there. We were sitting below the clear night while took some pictures to remind us that we already visit this place (and to post to Instagram or Path exactely :D ). 

The Old Building, and now use by one bank in Indonesia

The Bank of Indonesia, in a Dutch era

Well, after enjoyed the night in Zero kilometer, we leaved and back to the inn. Before it, we decided to spend our midnight by enjoying our super lately dinner at Burjo. What is Burjo, may be some of you will asking this question. In Indonesia Burjo is stands for Bubur Kacang Hijau. That is the name of food, our national one and people in Jogjakarta especially are common to say this place with the name of food which is become most wanted food when people go there. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture there, but if you curious to know just visited Jogja and you will find along the street, explicitly near college life.

7 December 2013.
Let's begin our journey. First time in the morning, we had our breakfast in Warung Kindai, Masakan Banjar (Banjarnese Traditional Food). We were craving our Soto Banjar. Recommended! If you want to visit the location is in Jalan Jembatan Merah 116 D Prayan Wetan, Gejayan, Sleman, Jogjakarta. 
Next, we went to Sultan Palace (Keraton Kesultanan Jogjakarta). This is my third times to visit. But, it was different when I came here again. It was not because the palace, but it was different because I interested to know more about Kesultanan Jogjakarta. To share to you through my blog, of course. There is a lot of things that we can do to love our nation, our country Indonesia. By visiting this palace for example. People in Jogja are still respect on their Sultan. They are really proud to be a part of Special Region in Java. Abdi Dalem, for example, they are Sultan's servants that devoted their life for Sultan and his family, and for Jogjakarta. Even their salary is too small for me (I guess I can't live with that salary), its only 3,000 rupiahs, but they can survive. I really sallute to them. 

Gazebo in Sultan Palace

Me below The Praja Cihna, a symbol of the true nature of civil servant

Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Finally we arrived at Twin Banyan Trees (Beringin Kembar), and I try my fortune there. But, pitty me, I couldn't pass it. 

Beringin Kembar (Banyan Trees) at Alun-alun Selatan

We hungry and we decided to had a lunch in House of Raminten, a unique place to go. Located in Jalan FM Noto 7 Kotabaru, Jogjakarta. You will find many things that make you gasped. I was choosing this for my lunch.


We continued our journey to Vredeburg, a Dutch forts which is located near the Zero Kilometer of Jogjakarta. Just checked what I found out here.



Then, trip to Jogja won't be perfect if we don't come and visit Malioboro street. 


The street artists are entertaining us along Malioboro road

What I bought in Malioboro

The night is continued to playing carnival cars. Yeah, I said that because the car that we ride was full of music and accessories. Three times lap and it was so enought for us. 


8 December 2013.
Good morning Jogja! At last morning in Jogjakarta, we had our super heavy brekkie. Yes, Lontong Medan. It just like lunch for me, but its okay. I was ignoring about diet at that time (hahaha). 

Lontong Medan Teri

Last day in Jogjakarta, we got bad weather. It was raining along the day. Before we leaving, we were waiting the rain to stop in one favorite place in Jogja. It called CalaiS, Artisan Bubble Tea and Coffee. It is located on Jalan Suroto No. 20. Really comfortable to be here. 



That's all about my trip to Jogjakarta. May be for the next chance there will be Jogja Part II, I'll visit many beautiful places there. Thanks to my georgeus partner while accompanying us in Jogja. You're superb guys!! 

See you soon guys! :)






1 comments:

 

I own who I am

I own who I am
An extraordinary human being. Love to capture moment and mind. I leave a trail beyond these writings for give little contribution to world until the time I back home.

Seek, Capture & Share